Saturday, August 29, 2015

Introduction

Hello, My name is Dharam Gandhi and I am a senior going for a Health and Exercise Science Major with a minor is Psychology.  Ill just give out a short summary of my life to sum everything up nice and quickly. My parents were from India, but I was born in Canada along with my sister.  I have one older sister who's name is Anjali and she is 26, four years older than me.  I moved to Oklahoma when I was around 5 years old, and ever since then, Clinton has been my home until I came to Norman for College.
Since moving to Norman, I've branched out into different organizations and have definitely broken out of my shell that I was in during my Clinton days.  I am in a fraternity called Delta Epsilon Psi, in which I was the president for for two years in a row. I've been a member of the fraternity since my freshmen year, the fall semester of 2011.  Along with being in a fraternity, I am involved in other student organizations such as OUIS (Oklahoma Undergraduate Indian Society), HESSA (Health and Exercise Science Student Associations), and Psych Club, 
(Our chapter picture taken at our formal last semester)
This past summer I've been trying to teach myself how to play the guitar.  It's always been something that I've wanted to do and this was the only summer where I wasn't completely swamped with work, classes, or both.  This was the first summer that I actually got to bum around for a majority of the time instead of still having to run around because of classes or work.  I've had a guitar for a while but I never learned how to play it and so this summer I learned how to play one of my favorite songs on the guitar, the song is "Swing Life Away" by Rise Against.  I struggled at the beginning of it, but now that I have that one song down, I've got the movement of the fingers pretty well and so it isn't that difficult to learn new songs.  I feel that the first song was the hardest for me just because my fingers weren't used to all the movement it takes to play a guitar.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really impressed that you are the president of a fraternity! That must take a lot of time considering you work and are a part of organizations too. I love the song "swing life away". I used to play guitar when I was in middle school. I understand having to get use to the finger movements. I actually had to stop playing guitar because mine was so old that at one point it actually just snapped in half while in was sitting against the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to have someone from OUIS in class, Dharam; I follow OUIS at Twitter so I see some announcements that way, but please let me know about anything I can publicize via the class announcements. I know that is a very active organizations, with some great events happening every semester! And have you been using YouTube to learn how to play the guitar? A friend of mine did that and he told me there were some really excellent videos for beginners. I would love to have a summer of music like that: it sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete