Sunday, August 30, 2015

Storybook Favorites

One of stories that caught my eyes was How I Met Your Mother.  I really enjoyed the show on television so I decided to check out this story and I was not disappointed. There are aspects from the show that is in the story, and there are three different stories that follow three different couples.  There is even a couple that shows that man's point of view from when the wife is the one that is pursuing a husband.  It gives the story a little twist from the ordinary and I like the differences in the three stories.

Image Information: King Shantanu Meets Ganga
Source: https://sites.google.com/site/howimetyourmotherfather/

Another one of the stories is Animal Tales from India to Oklahoma.  This seems interesting just because we're at the university of Oklahoma and the story takes place on campus.  The squirrel is over 2,000 years old and so the squirrel exchanges stories with the students that walk down the south oval.  I just think the concept of this is so clever because the OU campus is known for having so many squirrels on campus. Having a squirrel that actually interacts with the students and being able to tell stories of India would be an interesting thing to see. Especially since there is such a difference in cultures, I feel like it would be a great addition to the campus if this were a real thing.



The last story I enjoyed reading about is 1000 Ways to Die: Demon Edition. In High school, I would watch this show with a bunch of my friends and so when I saw the name of this story, I had to check it out.  Just from reading the introduction of the story, I could tell it is going to be interesting. The story i sbased off of old Indian folklore and I really find that stuff interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment